Call for Abstracts
The deadline for abstracts and notification of acceptance have been postponed with two weeks. The new deadline for submission is 16 May
and the notifications will be sent out by 15 June
Abstracts must be max 250-300 words long including keywords at the end of the abstract. Abstracts must be in English and include text only (no pictures, tables or graphics). Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the online abstract submission system.
Abstracts will be blind reviewed by two reviewers. Accepted abstracts will be included in the symposium materials in a printed abstract volume as well as on a USB memory stick.
Please note that at least one presenter for each accepted abstract must register for the conference and pay the registration fee. The registration deadline for accepted presenters is 31 August.
Abstracts without a registered presenter by this date will be removed from the symposium programme and all materials.
Oral presentations will be allotted 20 minutes (15 min for presentation and 5 min for discussion).
You will find the detailed instructions for presenters here.
How to use the online abstract submission system
Please read the instructions first carefully. When you log on to the online submission system, you will be asked first to register yourself as a new user first.
• If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same login for each abstract.
• You can alter your abstracts at any time up to the deadline
• Do not include author names in the title or body of your abstract because a “blind” reviewing process may
be used – you can enter the names online during the submission process and they will be added to the final abstract.
1. The submission process
• Log in to the submission system when you have prepared your abstract ¬- enter your email address and the password you chose when you registered with the system.
•You will be taken to a screen from which the submission process starts. Please read the instructions on this screen carefully. If you want to submit a new abstract you should click the link that says “Click here to submit a new abstract”.
• Submitting an abstract is a multi¬step process. Each step asks several questions. Some questions are marked “required” and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered.
• If you have to stop part way through the process, your submission will be held in temporary storage until you return later and complete all the questions. When you log in again you can click on your incomplete abstract and resume submission.
2. Amending a submission
You may wish to change your submission. You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
• Log in to the abstract submission system
• You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
• Amending an abstract is just the same as the original submission process except that the online form will be automatically filled in with the answers that you gave previously. You don’t have to change an answer if you don’t want to.
• When you reach the final step and press “Finish” you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
If you have any queries about the submission process or you want to withdraw an abstract please contact the conference office: congress(at)ulapland.fi.